UBC Continuing Studies offers two programs that prepare international students for studies at North American universities.
- International Undergraduate Study Preparation Program
- Full-time program in 16-week sessions
- Readies students for undergraduate studies by providing advanced academic English training (if needed), mentoring and tutoring, and by placing students in six credits of UBC undergraduate courses alongside Canadian and other international students
- International Graduate Study Preparation Program
- Full-time program in 14-week sessions
- Builds skills for researching and applying to North American graduate schools, such as understanding the range of programs available, and matching skills, interests and academic backgrounds to appropriate programs